Sunday, January 27, 2008

T4- It's a Wrap

T4 is all done. I think it turned out pretty cute. It's constructed exactly the same as T3 with short elasticized sleeves and no topstitching. The Princess loves it and that is the true determining factor in whether it's a success or not.

I love the black and white gingham piping. It really pops against the green and pink. The Princess is all excited because she gets to wear the new top to school tomorrow.

I have one more Temily all pleated and ready to smock. After that, I think I'll give the pattern a rest and try something new:
This is Haley's Halter and Capri from Sew Beautiful magazine issue #107. I think this will make a super cute spring/summer outfit. It will need a short sleeved tee under it for school, but once school is out and the weather gets hot, this will be cool and comfortable. I think I have a red and yellow cherry print waiting in my stash somewhere...

And this is Toffee Apple from the latest issue of Australian Smocking and Embroidery (issue #81). These fabrics don't excite me, but I can see definite possibilities in the pattern. I'm thinking maybe leopard...

Alright, I'm off to pull some stash fabrics and start planning...

No comments: