Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Little Bit More Arabella


This is a closeup of the smocking, yoke and collar on Sweet Arabella. See what I mean about the smocking colors being off? Looking at it now, I wish I had gone with darker colors. But, it's done and it's time to move on to another project. I love the ruffled collar. Believe it or not, that ruffle is a full 45 inch fabric width.. per side! I can't wait to make another one!

Here's a closeup of the sleeve. These little sleeves have just the right amount of puff at the top and ruffle at the bottom. I usually prefer a bound sleeve, but this sleeve makes me want to make more.
I can't wait to make this dress again. I will use a different smocking plate to switch things up a bit, but I just love the collar and sleeves. The Princess loved it, too, and that's what it's all about- isn't it?

No comments: