Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Resurrecting a UFO

So what have I been up to?  Well, about 2 weeks ago I pulled this piece of needlework out of my stash.  It's a pattern by Mirabilia called "The Kiss."  I can't remember exactly when I began stitching this, but it had to be somewhere around 1999-2002ish.  As you can see, I put in quite a bit of work, but at some point I laid it aside, probably to stitch up another project- a wedding sampler or a birth sampler perhaps.  It became UFO.  This is what it looked like when I picked it up again for the first time 2 weeks ago:

And this is what it looks like now, after two weeks of on and off stitching:

I have filled in all the flowers and foliage, the sky and clouds, and even the gentleman's tunic.  There is still quite a bit to go- the lady's skirt, a small bit of the left urn, and a narrow border.  And then there are the beads- a ton of them, which will embellish her dress, her hair, and the corners where I still need to stitch some little bees.  I am loving this and I have vowed to finish it this year, hopefully very soon.

There hasn't been any garment sewing yet this year, but the February Burda finally arrived this week and I have my eye on dress #109.  I just need to shop for fabric and get started on it.  Maybe this weekend...