Saturday, January 26, 2008

One Step Closer


T4 is one step closer to being completed. Actually, the smocking has been finished for about a week. I just haven't had a chance to start working on construction. This smocking design is "Flamingo" from The Children's Corner. I love this design. It's so simple, and yet I think it's very striking. I definately plan to use it again. Right now I'm leaning towards using this black and white ginham as my accent piping. I think a narrow strip of it will give the finished top a little flash. I guess we'll find out...
Okay, I'm off to put T4 together!

5 comments:

Smockermom said...

I just found your blog and I love the dress you are working on now. Question - I have been smocking for about 5 months and I want to try picture/stacked smocking, is there anywhere online to find some instructions? I have several smocking plates, but I hesitate to start any of them. Any suggestions?

Shannon said...

Hi, Smockermom. Glad you stopped by! Picture smocking is really fun and pretty easy. Most of the tips and instructions I have come from books and magazines, but let me dig around on the web a little bit and see if I can find anything.

Shannon F

angie.a said...

smockermom, Everythingsewing.com is a great place for tutorials and stuff. Here's the video page for smocking:
http://www.everythingsewing.net/videohowto2.htm

I don't know if there's a picture smocking video, but I'm pretty sure there is a cable smocking example. The forums are great too and Laurie of Southern Stitches is going to do a Picture Smocking tutorial (with pics) in a few weeks on the site.

Smockermom said...

Thanks for the link. Shannon where in Savannah are you from? I live in Springfield, GA.

Shannon said...

Thanks, Angie! I still haven't found anything good online, but then I'm on dial-up and searching takes forever.
Smockermom, I'm so jealous that you're in Georgia and I'm not! I grew up on Wilmington Island. I still miss Savannah every day.

Shannon F