Wednesday, January 16, 2008

One More Time...

Yeah, I'm on a "Temily Roll," but so what? I'm using up stash fabric and building a spring wardrobe for the Princess! This is the next Temily incarnation. Say hello to T4:


I bought these fabrics together a year or two ago at my "local" Hancock Fabrics. I just fell in love with the print. Who can resist strawberries and ladybugs all on one fabric? And it's pink and green. It just screams summer to me. The pink dot print was right next to it and it's a perfect coordinate. Unfortunatly, I didn't use the fabric right away and it has languished in my stash all this time.

But now I'm ready to use it. As you can see, I've already pulled some floss colors. I think the green floss will pop against the pink insert, but I'm not so sure about the pink floss. I haven't decided on a smocking design, either. I don't want to fall victim to analysis paralysis though, so I might have to just bite the bullet and start smocking something. I can always change it if I don't like it, right?

I haven't chosen a contrast piping fabric, either. I want to take a look at some black and white gingham, which would definately be an unexpected pop and might highlight the black in the ladybugs, but I also have a deep emerald "blender" fabric (you quilters know what I'm talking about) that might look nice, too. We'll just have to wait and see. Maybe I won't use piping at all. I think I have some dark green rick-rack around here somewhere that might look nice in those seams.

And I may as well go ahead and admit, this is not the last Temily. I have one more already cut out. I might take a break after that one, but we'll see. I figure as long as I'm using stash fabric, I should just go with the flow and keep sewing!


1 comment:

angie.a said...

I LOVE ladybugs. But you already knew that :D