Sunday, October 28, 2007

We Interrupt This Smocking Project...

... To bring you this:


This is Temily, from the latest issue of AS&E. I'll be making it out of the flower print on the left using the cute stripe for the piping, and another as-yet-undetermined fabric for the sleeve and hem ruffles. Oh, and I won't be using the flower smocking plate, but a simple geometric design instead. Here is the center front section all blocked and ready to go:


I love the way it pleated up. I'll wait until tomorrow to choose floss colors, though, so I can do it in natural light.

I'm still actively working on Sweet Arabella. It's not working up as quickly as I'd planned simply because I haven't been as diligent about working on it as I had planned. I hope to get another row or two in tonight (fingers crossed). However, with Autumn arriving somewhat suddenly, I realized that the Princess did not have enough long sleeved tops in her wardrobe and I thought I'd better make a few things for her. Dresses are great, but a girl's gotta have some sassy play clothes, too. This will be cute with jeans, and on really chilly days a turtleneck will look nice under it. It looks quick and easy, too, but I will let you know for sure after it's done.

Alright, I'm off to smock that row or two...

No comments: