The top band is more than half complete and I spent a nice evening smocking and watching The Return of the King (extended version). So far, I'm pleased. If I can just get a couple more evening smocking sessions in this week, I think this will go pretty quickly. Of course, then I'll have sleeves to smock.
I'm also planning a picture smocking project.
Won't this look sweet on a white insert made up into a pink corduroy jumper? The Princess says that she doesn't care to have a boy kitty on her dress, so we will be modifying it to be three girl kitties in dresses. Should be an easy change to make.
And in other news, it looks like we may have a candidate for Winter Garden.
The Princess picked out the floral print in the middle at the local quilt store. It wasn't my first choice, but I have to give her credit for picking a print that's suitable for smocking. And after all, she is the one who has to wear it. Once we got it home, I noticed that the print goes great with the periwinkle cord from a previous post. It also goes with the cord on the right, which is a lighter lavender shade. I think either would work for a coordinating jacket.
So I'm off to get to work on these projects. There are just never enough hours in the day.