Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fall is Finally Here

Well, it's finally Fall here in northeast Oklahoma. It was actually kinda chilly today. It's about time, too- Halloween is only a week away. And since I'm starting to feel a little bit of Halloween Spirit, here's a peek into Savannah's closet:

This is a little Mary De that I made for Savannah about three years ago. It looks so little now. The fabric came from Hobby Lobby. I fell in love with it immediately because it was kind of unusual for a Halloween seasonal print. It's blue, for one, and even though it has all your typical Halloween monsters on it- a vampire, a mummy, Frankenstein, a ghost, a witch- they're gardening! The ghost is holding a hose, the mummy has a shovel, and I think one of them even has a wheelbarrow. It's such a hoot!

The smocking plate is "Boo to You" by Little Memories and it was my very first attempt at picture smocking. I just love the little candy corns in the border. The piping is black and white gingham. Savannah wore it with black tights and a black turtleneck underneath and it was adorable.

Sweet Arabella is coming along nicely. The top smocking band is complete and the bottom is underway. I hope to sneak a row in tonight before I go to bed. With the weather finally turning, I'm really feeling an urge to get some cold weather clothes finished. I also need to stock up on tights and long sleeve t-shirts for the Princess. Oh, and there are several pieces of flannel in my stash that really need to be made up into PJs for Savannah and Bryan. Hmmm. I wonder if I can get some of them done in time for Christmas...

1 comment:

angie.a said...

This is freaking adorable!! Have I completely forgotten this one?? I have absolutley no memory of it, which seems impossible because I do have memories of our emails when you started picture smocking.

It's so CUTE. I wish I had some of that gardening monsters fabric, that is a hoot!