Friday, April 11, 2008

Sewing for Me!



I'm sewing for me again! I really should be working on the Pretty in Pink and Black Wardrobe for the Princess, but I so desperately want some new things for spring. I've been seeing some really cute, simple cotton skirts at the mall lately, and since I have tons of cotton fabric and skirt patterns in my stash, I thought I'd just go ahead and make one.

I chose Simplicity 3794. This pattern is OOP, but it's still available on the Simplicity website. I like that it has three different lengths- short, medium, and long- and it can be made with or without the waistband. I'm making view C, the knee length version with the waistband pictured on the model- without the eyelet trim at the hem. Y'all know how I am about having skirts come up to my waist- I think it's a better look for me and it's more comfortable.

I'm using the new aqua and black cotton print that I blogged about a few posts ago. To me, this print is kind of a retro-futuristic dsign. I can totally see this in the background on the Jetsons- maybe on their couch! So far I have sewn the skirt panels together and interfaced and attached the waistband. I've tried it on for a preliminary fit and so far- so good. I need to install the zipper, attach the waistband facing, and hem it. I hope to finish up the project and have a real review sometime this weekend. Then it's back to the wardrobe!

No comments: