As you can see, all the kittens are done (except for face details), the clothes line is done and the mittens are smocked. I still need to add clothes pins, face details, flowers, and simple cable borders to the front of the insert, and then I need to backsmock. That should go pretty quickly, though.
Last night I decided to make a prototype Bento Box block. I wanted to test drive the design, but mostly I wanted to see how the size was going to work out.
This block is 12.5" including seam allowances. I think it's perfect. Each band is 2" wide when finished and that seems to be just the right size to show off the beautiful Dolce prints. I used some purple and blue fat quarters I had on hand for this test run. I think they look pretty good. The Princess really liked them. She's asked me to make some more and make this up into a real quilt for her, so you may see more of this later on.
I'm off to do some prep work on SSSP. I think the first two pieces will be BWOF 03-2008-115, the work dress; and NL6831, the woven top. I have both patterns on hand and fabric for both projects in stash, so it makes sense to start with them. Stay tuned for progress!