Thursday, January 28, 2010

Kitty Mittens Update

The kitties have faces!
I added backstitched outlining to the faces around the eyes and for the noses and mouths. I also added whiskers- how cute! You can also see the flowers on either side of Center Kitty. I still need to add clothes pins to the mittens and a cable border at the top and bottom. I have already begun the backsmocking and it's going quickly. I think this is going to be finished very soon!

I pulled some pale pink baby wale corduroy out of my stash for this project. There's not quite enough to make Annika as planned, so I had to look for an alternative. I'm thinking about putting the insert into this little OOP Vogue dress:


It's a simple, short sleeve A-line dress. I might make it sleeveless so the Princess can wear a turtleneck under it. I'm picturing it with tights and pink ballet flats.

The weather is getting nasty here- we're expecting up to an inch of ice tonight and snow on top of that. I just hope my power stays on so I can see to smock and sew!