This is the lower left front pocket. I'm using an olive green stretch poplin for this dress and you can see two of my added design details in the photo above: I'm doing double topstitching with a heavy duty gold thread, and I added the D-ring and loop to the bottom of the pocket.
I have both fronts of the dress constructed and topstitched. I haven't put the upper pockets on yet because I want to wait until I'm far enough along to put the dress on to check the placement. The FBA I did threw off the placement markings on the pattern. I started on the back last night. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I split the back pattern piece into a center back, two side backs, and a yoke piece. I have the sides stitched to the center back and I hope to sit down to topstitch it tonight. I want to add a fabric loop to the center back yoke seam, so I will probably spend some time tonight playing with that until I get it just how I want it.
This project is coming along a lot more slowly than I thought it would, but that's okay. I'm hoping the finished result will be worth the time and effort. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday. Maybe I can make some real headway on this dress over the weekend.