Monday, June 2, 2008

Fabric Glitch- Change in Plans

I've run into a glitch with my safari dress- I don't have enough fabric! I started laying the pattern out to cut, and I ran out of room on the fabric. Ugh! I was so frustrated! I worked most of Saturday getting the muslin done and tweaked and I was all fired up to get going... and then I had to stop. I scoured my stash to see if there was anything else that I could use for this project, but there wasn't. I'm going to have to go to the fabric store. Sigh...

Oh, well. It's not like I don't have a dozen other things to work on. So I turned my attention to one of those other projects and got back to work on Summertime Pink.

It's almost done! The dress is all assembled. I still need to hand stitch the binding down around the bodice and halter ties and it needs a hem, but after that, it's done and ready to be worn. The binding in the photo above looks a little wonky because it's held down in back with pins and hasn't been properly steamed yet. The Princess tried the dress on last night before I started applying the binding and the fit looked pretty good. She's so excited and keeps asking me when I'm going to finish her dress! Hopefully the next photo of this dress will be of the Princess wearing it!

2 comments:

Paula said...

This dress is super cute! I love the polka dot fabric.

Blakely said...

The dress looks great.