Saturday, August 11, 2007

A Quick Update

I didn't get quite as much done today as I'd planned. Funny how life just steps in and does whatever it wants. But, I did get some work done on NL6348. And here's the picture of the pattern envelope- just in case it takes me awhile to get the dress completed.

I'm making view E, which is the one in the photograph. Today I stay-stitched all the necklines, stitched the darts, made and attached the cap sleeves, and sewed the bodice pieces to the lining pieces. Then I had to stop and take time out to start reading The Martian Chronicles to Bryan, my eight year old. He wants to be an astronaut and he's obsessed with Mars right now. My little sweetie fell asleep while we were reading about the second expedition.
It's back to work for me tomorrow, so I don't know how much sewing I'll get done in the next few days. I'm hoping this project will be quick since it's relatively easy. I still have two dresses in progress for Savanah, and a new pattern that I want to try out for her. If only I could figure out a way to squeeze just a couple of extra hours into each day....

No comments: