So I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that I've lost a little more weight. The bad news is that my Threads shift dress no longer fits! I finally got up the nerve to wear it to work today and when I put it on, it was just too loose. I suppose that's not such a bad problem to have, but it was a little frustrating. I suppose I could try to take the dress in, but you may recall that I lined it completely and so taking it in will be a major undertaking, and not something I'm looking forward to. Also, I think the dress is too wide through the shoulders. It would probably make more sense to just make it again and go down a size, and just consider this one a really, really detailed muslin. I was considering making the long sleeved version for fall.... I guess I've learned an important lesson: No more fully lined dresses while I'm trying to loose weight. What a coincidence that Sew Stylish ran an article in the new issue about sewing clothes that keep fitting when your weight fluctuates. If I do make this dress again, you can bet I'll be using some of the tips from the article!
And speaking of dresses that fit and remaking things... Simplicity 3874 fits great through the hips now. The bodice still looks crappy, but I'm seriously considering doing it again in the raglan sleeved version. It would be more appropriate for work with sleeves, anyway. Now to pick a stash fabric. Well, I've already admitted how difficult it is for me to choose a fabric from stash. No use stressing about it now. I'll think about that later.