Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Works in Progress...

So what am I working on right now? Well... this bishop dress.
It's for my brand new baby niece, Julia. It's made out of a sweet little floral print cotton and smocked in rose, lavender, and green. And it has a ton of bullion roses on it. I don't really like to make bullions, but I have to admit, they sure look good when they're done. I just need to hand-stitch the inside of the neckband down and add four little buttons to the back and it will be done and ready to be mailed.
Then I will get to work on this one.



This is for my little princess. I still need to embroider some daisies on the green band above the ladybugs and the smocking will be done. This will be made up into a pattern called Larkin, by Maja's Heirloom Treasures. It looks like a bishop bodice, but with an empire waist seam and an A-line skirt. It's a nice alternative for older girls who are too grown up for a classic bishop dress. At five years old, Savannah will still wear a bishop, but I wanted to go ahead and give this pattern a try. I'll be sure and share pictures when the dress is done.

1 comment:

angie.a said...

Oh for pity sake. I've had Larkin way longer than you and I don't think I've ever even opened it! And you've already smocked a billion ladybugs on yours. You suck :D