Friday, May 18, 2007

Finally, A Day Off

Today is my day off. I started it out with a trip to Barnes and Noble where I treated myself to a new knitting book. I don't really knit. I've never been able to really get the hang of it and become really good at it. At least not yet. I can cast on and bind off, knit and purl, and I've even tried a couple of fancy stitches. I just haven't ever had the time to devote to practicing and getting really good at it. So I make a lot of scarves. I get to enjoy the look and the feel of great yarns and I get to experience the relaxation of sitting in front of the TV while I work the needles. But one of these days I'd like to knit a nice sweater. In the meantime, I still like to buy knitting books and magazines. I guess I'm hoping one of them will inspire me to buckle down and really learn how to do more than knit a big rectangle.
So what's up for the rest of my weekend, besides leafing through my new knitting book? I guess I will get the baby bishop finished up. Then I'd like to cut out another top and capri set for Savannah. I also think I might make a run to my Local Quilt Store tomorrow to see if they have anything I just can't live without. There are also a couple of items in the "almost finished" pile that just need some buttons to be complete. Maybe I'll even have some photos before the weekend is over....

2 comments:

andrew said...

Shannon,

You have a great written "voice". I recommend paragraph breaks.

angie.a said...

Who the heck is Andrew?

Everybody's a critic! :D

ang