Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Vacation Update

My Christmas vacation is cruising by and (as usual) I haven't acccomplished half the things I had hoped to do. We did have a White Christmas, though. It began to snow on Christmas Eve and we woke up to this on Christmas morning:


Lovely.

I had hoped to have the BWOF sheath dress done by now, but I've been caught up with Christmas and spending time with the family. My oldest son has been home from college and I haven't wanted to waste a minute with him. I have made some progress, however. This is the gathering on the left raglan seam, the one detail on the front of the dress:



As you can see, I chose to use a dark rose pink gabardine from stash for this dress. (My monitor makes it look a bit darker and more red than it is in reality.) You've seen this fabric before. I used it for S2694, the Empire Military Dress. I am very happy to report that this project used up the last of it!

I still need to finish the neckline with facings and hem this baby. Then it will need a good pressing. I hope to have pictures to share soon...
I have also gotten a little bit of stitching done during my nights off. I like to "watch" TV while I work on a project. Cider House Garden is really starting to come together:


Pardon the fold lines. They will go away once it's done and I press it and then stretch the linen.

In other sewing related news, I have obtained a replacement free-motion foot as well as the neccesary cotton thread and batting to quilt the Sheep Quilt. Wish me luck. It will almost be a miracle if I can get this quilt totally 100% finished!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Oh, oh, oh.....love everything!

You seem to have purpose and that's half the battle. Good luck with your quilting.