Friday, December 4, 2009

Quietly Sewing Along

I've been quiet for the past week, but I have been sewing. New Look 6909 is on hold. I finished the muslin and I really like the dress, but of the two stash fabrics that I had in mind to make it, I don't have enough of either. So, I have to wait until I can go to the fabric store and find something else. Hopefully this weekend (fingers crossed!) I will be making the view in the photo, but with the 3/4 length sleeves. The cap sleeves are very cute but the longer sleeve will be much more practical where I work.

Since I couldn't go ahead as planned with the dress, I decided to work on M5590. I've been wanting to make this skirt for a looong time. I love the high waist- this pattern just screams my name. I'm making View B- the one that hits right at the knee, but without the waist tabs. I want to be able to wear this skirt with a top tucked in or untucked- so no tabs.
This is my fabric- a black and white mini houndstooth. Very versatile. The pinstripe in the background was a contender for NL6909, but since there wasn't enough, it may become another M5590!


I have the lining put together (Yes, that's right- I'm actually lining something!) and the outer skirt is mostly done. As you can see from the photo I have the facings put together and finished. It's time to put it all together. I can't wait to wear this! Stay tuned for finished skirt pics!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your new dress, Shannon. I am sure it will be a perfect fit! The skirt is cute and I loved the high waisted ones too. Very chic!