Saturday, December 19, 2009

Shifting Perspectives...

I'm warning you- looking at ModCloth is dangerous! I've found another dress I want to knock off, and I don't need to wait for spring for this one: This is the Shifting Perspectives dress and I absolutely love it! I've looked around a bit and I think I could make a pretty accurate version of it using New Look 6643:


I'd have to make a few changes like eliminating the vertical darts, (making it a necessity to use a knit) and adding the color blocked panels. But all in all, I don't think it would be too terribly difficult. The hard part is finding the time and the motivation to get started!

Speaking of motivation, I'm sadly lacking right now. Somehow I cracked my free-motion foot! Yep, after only about a half dozen practice sandwiches, my foot is useless. I should be able to get to my dealer to replace it on Monday, but right now I am, shall we say, miffed.

Anyway, my two week Christmas vacation has begun and hopefully by the time it's over I will have a couple of finished projects to share. I've been sadly unproductive this year, and I'd like to start making up for it. Wish me luck...

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I don't know how you can say you were unproductive. I saw some amazing things on your blog this year. You are so talented!!

Brenda said...

I really like the look of this dress!!!! I have not made clothes in - uh - awhile, but this dress looks like something I would love to make, let alone wear!!! OH!!! And today, I am contemplating a new job, and this dress would work!!! I am so glad you commented on Shannon's Christmas blog - thank-you!! so far, I have loved your blog!!!