Friday, August 22, 2008

A Wardrobe Update and A Look Ahead

The Wardrobe is progressing nicely, but you'll just have to take my word for it since I don't have any pictures yet. I finished S4020, the kimono top, last night, and I expect to have my linen pants hemmed and completed by the end of today. I'll be working on the cheongsom this weekend, as well as the straight skirt. I do believe I may be able to finish in time!

And as if I don't have enough on my plate right now, the Sewing for Children Contest starts on PR on September 1st! I have really been looking forward to this contest and I have really been feeling the itch to make something new for the Princess. I need a break from all this sewing for myself!

Anyway, I need to make something special for the contest and although I haven't made a final decision, I'm thinking about this:


This is Little Asian Doll, the outfit featured on the cover of Sew Beautiful issue #112 last year. I absolutely fell in love with this as soon as I saw it and I've been itching to make it ever since. It's a square yoke top with a picture smocked insert, and full wrap over skirt, and cuffed capri pants. I've been thinking over fabric and color options to make it. I have several things in my stash that might work. But now I'm thinking about making some changes to the basic pattern. After all, the contest starts September 1st, which is Fall, and I'm not sure that a sleeveless top and capris are the way to go going into Fall. I'm thinking the pants need to be full length and the top might need little sleeves, at least caps, but probably a plain short sleeve. Hmmm...

I guess I still have some time to decide and plan. Meanwhile, work on the Wardrobe goes on.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

I absolutely loved this pattern too. I agree about the capris and sleeves. That is the reason I never seriously thought about attempting it. It will be adorable. I can't wait to see your finished outfit.