I made View C, the "plain" dress. I cut a size 16 through the bodice and an 18 from the hip down. It is very close fitting. I think that the cotton stretch twill that I used for this dress is what makes it comfortable and wearable. I had just enough of this fabric to cut this dress out. The waistband is supposed to be cut on the bias, but I cut it on the straight grain due to my fabric limitations. I figured it would be okay since the fabric has crosswise stretch and it was.
I had to do a one inch FBA which made the darts significantly bigger. I had quite a time sewing them and getting the bodice to lie flat with out unattractive points sticking out. I ended up making my darts longer and wider than the pattern. If I make this again, and I do have an idea for making it again, I might try adding a little less with my FBA to see if that makes the darts look better. Oh, I also moved the side dart up 1/4 of an inch.
When I started this dress, I had planned to pipe the neck band and the waist seams. Unfortunately, I got so wrapped up in sewing and thinking about my wardrobe plan, that I just attached the waistband and completely forgot about the piping. By the time I realized what I had done, I already had the lining attached and I just decided to keep going. I did pipe the neckband, and the dress is lined with the same turquoise broadcloth that I used to make the piping.
Once again, I forgot to add length to the skirt. To compensate, I used bias tape to finish the hem. Not only did it help with the length issue, but it actually looks very nice and clean on the inside. And it was quick and easy, and that's always a plus!
This is a great pattern. It goes together quickly an deasily, the instructions are good, and you could customize this dress easily and in many ways. I have an idea for the full skirt version that involves contrast bands and top-stitching, but I have to find the fabric I have in mind first (it's "lost" somewhere in my stash) and finish the Wardrobe Contest, of course.