Friday, January 3, 2014

New Vogues!

Happy New Year!  I do have finished projects to show- three of them!  But it's way too cold to go outside and try to get any photos right now.  One of those projects is the McCall's jacket that I worked on throughout December, and I'm pleased to say that now that it's finished, I've fallen back in love with it.  Stay tuned for a report on that later...

In the meantime, it's never too cold for new patterns and Vogue just released their spring collection.  It's been a while since I've bought a new Vogue, but there are several in this release that I just have to have.

First up is this designer Ralph Rucci dress:


This just looks cool.  The shape is simple, but the topstitching details are fabulous!  They will probably take for-ever, but in the end they would totally be worth it!


 Next up is this fabulous color blocked shift:


Have. To. Have. It.  I love this dress!  Once again, a simple shape, but I love the front seams (making it easy to do an FBA) and the dual colors.  I love the black and white shown, but I can totally see this in brighter colors for spring and summer- maybe hot pink and orange?  Purple and blue?  Lime and turquoise?



 This one is from Sandra Betzina:


Again, super simple, but you have to love that it's only 2 main pieces.  It's shown quite dressy on the model, but I think this would make a great weekend dress.  If you used the longer sleeve length from the t-shirt it would make a great early spring/fall piece, too.


And it wouldn't be a Vogue collection without Donna Karan:


Nice jacket and somewhat plain t-shirt (although I love those seams that wrap to the back) but I would buy this for that skirt alone.  Those are seams, y'all.  Love this!



And last up is probably my favorite, this Easy Options Custom Fit dress:


It does look pretty easy and it already includes bust cup options, so no FBA needed.  It's basically a princess seamed sheath with a shaped waist inset.  I love that it includes the cap sleeves and a 3/4 sleeve.  I can see making a dozen of these all in a different color ponte knit!


Have you checked out the new Vogues yet?  Are any of them on your "must have" list?  Have you even started to think about spring sewing yet?


4 comments:

wendy said...

I love the seaming on that DKNY skirt also. Those patterns always have such neat details. :)

Paola said...

Well I've been a bit underwhelmed by Vogue offerings lately, but these are great. Love the colour blocked shift especially.

Catherine Daze said...

The Ralph Rucci is great (although I'll wait for a sale!)

Karen Baking Soda said...

I love your choices! Maybe I should try and f ind them here.