Monday, October 7, 2013

Pumpkin Hollow

Pumpkin Hollow is all done!

Details:  Pumpkin Hollow free chart by Nancy Woodson of Liberty House Primitives.  The design measures 5.25 X 4.75 inches on 28ct natural linen.  All threads are DMC floss.


I followed the pattern almost exactly.  I changed the year from 2010 to 2013.  I added my initials in the lower right corner of the green grass.  You can just barely see them in the photo above.


I did not have DMC 936, the lighter green called for in the chart, so I used one strand of 934, the darker green, and one strand of 469 together in the needle to stitch the areas of lighter green.  I think it turned out just fine.

I'm pleased with the way this turned out.  I was worried when I first pulled all the colors for it that it was going to be dark and dreary- there's a lot of navy, black, and dark green- but now that it's done, I think it looks great.  I'd love to stitch it again using hand dyed threads for the pumpkin, the house, and the grass.  I think it would look good stitched on a dark fabric as well.  Hmmm...  I might have to visit my stash.

I'm not sure how I want to finish this.  It's a little bit big for an ornament, although I could see it hanging on my china hutch door.  It might look nice finished as a small pillow to sit on top of a bookcase.  Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No suggestions but it is very cute!
-Sewingelle