Wednesday, October 2, 2013

More Pumpkins

The days are getting shorter and the temps are getting cooler.  Fall is definitely in the air.  I haven't been able to stitch nearly as much as I'd like but I have made a little bit of progress:


Pumpkin Hollow is almost done.  All that is left is the green grass and a few green leaves on the tree.  I'd be done with it, except somehow I've misplaced the skein of green DMC floss that I need.  I can't find it anywhere.  I'm starting to wonder if I just didn't pick it up on my last trip to Hobby Lobby.  I'm anticipating an online supply order in the very near future!

This little piece is a really fun and easy stitch.  If you are interested in stitching it for yourself, it is a freebie design from Liberty House Primitives, designed by Nancy Woodson.


I also have another small piece under way, Blessed Be by Barbara Cooley of Plum Pudding Needleart. The design calls for DMC but I decided to substitute hand dyed fibers from stash.  So far I'm loving it.  The pumpkin has really great depth and even the bird looks good in a dark, mottled grayish brown.  I can't wait to get this one finished.

There is still no garment sewing to report.  The October issue of Burda Style left me a bit underwhelmed, but the September issue is still tempting me and the November issue looks to be good.  I have a ponte knit and an ITY print calling my name from the stash right now, so maybe this weekend I can get something started.

Happy fall sewing and crafting!  May all your projects turn out perfect!

1 comment:

RhondaBuss said...

You do the loveliest stitch work.