Sunday, August 21, 2011

Wet N Wild- Teal of Fortune

There has been no sewing here this week. I mean, not a single stitch. I have been laid out flat with a monster cold and just doing my nails was a huge to-do this week. I am on the mend now and I hope to have lots of sewing stuff to show you in the coming week, but in the mean time, here's another polish post.

This is Wet n Wild Teal of Fortune:
I can't say enough good things about this polish. I've had it for a while, but just got around to trying it this week. I can't believe what I've been missing!


First of all, the color is amazing. It's a clear, clean teal blue with white gold glitter/shimmer. It goes on shear, which I normally don't like, but with this color, the shearness is a plus. The color builds beautifully with each coat. I started with two and it was gorgeous, with just a little VNL, but only in direct light.


I dinged my index finger before the polish was completely dry, and I had to "fix" it, so that's why my index nail looks a little lumpy. My fault, not the polish.


I wore this for three days and had just a tiny bit of tip wear, so I added a third coat to freshen things up. It added more depth and a deepened the beautiful teal color just a hair. I am on day four now and this manicure still looks fresh and awesome.


The formula on this was great. Like I said, it starts out shear, but builds nicely. This is a "Fastdry" polish, but it stayed workable while I was putting it on and then dried within a few minutes. I did use Out the Door topcoat (my favorite) after the second coat, but I didn't use anything on top of the third coat and I didn't have any problems. It's pretty shiney on it's own, too, so you don't need a top coat unless you just want one.

After I got this on and realizzed how much I loved it, I began to have a nagging suspicion that it might be a dupe of one of my other all time faves, China Glaze Watermelon Rind.

I took a picture with the CG bottle and I am happy to report that they are not dupes. Watermelon Rind is much greener and doesn't have the white gold shimmer like TOF:


I can't think of anything less than positive to say about this polish. On top of the great formula and beautiful color, it's pretty easy to find. I got mine at my local Walgreens for just $3.99. So great color, great formula, great availability, and great price. What more could I ask for?


If you like teals, you need this in your collection. And if you are pretty traditional in your polish color choices but have been thinking about branching out and trying something new, I highly recommend this one. It's gorgeous.


Hopefully I'll have lots of sewing progress to show later this week. I have a lot of lost time to make up for and projects piled up waiitng to be completed. Wish me luck!


No comments: