Monday, August 29, 2011

OPI DS Desire

I wanted to share the polish I chose to go with the new skirt I blogged yesterday. I could have gone with pink, but that just seemed too obvious. So I chose Desire from the OPI Designer Series.
At first glance it just looks like a shimmery metallic tan, possibly a dark gold. But just wait until the sun hits it:


It's a gorgeous holographic polish! See the rainbow in the bottle?


See the rainbow on the nail?




It's mesmerizing! I just can't stop looking at it!


I admit, I bought this just for the holo. The color didn't look like much in the dim little local beauty supply store where I found it. In fact it looked kind of muddy and dull. Maybe that's why no one else wanted it and it was waiting for me to find it and take it home. But once I tried it, I was hooked. This color is gorgeous.


The formula is great, too. Nice and thin, but not runny. It stayed workable but dried in a timely manner. Two thin coats gives great coverage and gorgeous flash. The brush is the standard OPI brush- wide and flat and easy to use.


The only drawbacks are that it was a little pricey ($10.50, which is actually pretty good- I've seen DS polishes that were higher) and availability. I'm not sure that this is widely available anymore. But if you see it, grab it! I think you'll love it!


5 comments:

Shannon said...

I love the holo polishes - but, then I'm basically a magpie with red hair!

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Ooo, so pretty and perfect with the dress!

~*~Jens Wonderland~*~ said...

I'm so jealous!! I'm obsessed with holographic polishes and this is 1 of 2 major lemmings I have left. I should give up hope on the other one, it's never going to happen (nicole by opi's season's gray-tings). I still have hope for this one!

a little sewing said...

oooh, love the nailpolishes! I have so much trouble with my nails in general that I rarely wear nail polish. I am just a little jealous, because it really adds a nice touch to your overall appearance.

angie.a said...

Yea, you know that box of crap I sent you for your birthday last year and the mailman returned it because he's a MORON?

It had 5 or 6 holo polishes in it.

Just sayin.

;) (I should really re-address that box and resend it, huh?)