Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Rags to Riches

I don't have any sewing progress to talk about today, so I thought I'd talk about nail polish. This is an utterly fantastic new color from Rimmel called Rags to Riches. At least it's new to me. I just noticed it at my local drugstore a few weeks ago.
I love this color. It's a warm, shimmery army green. Not too dark, and not too light. The shimmer is fabulous. In certain light it even looks like it has micro glitter in it. And it matches my eyes. Well, the green does... not the glitter.


I wish I could have captured the color better, but the sun was going down and this was the best I could do. Take my word for it, though, this is a gorgeous color.


This is three coats. I started out with two (over base coat and with quick dry top coat) but I decided to add a third coat this morning just to freshen things up. One of my nails was peeling at the edge and I had to file it down so it needed another touch-up coat anyway.


The formula was excellent- it went on smoothly and stayed workable on the nail long enough for me to get each one done to my satisfaction. I hate when polish dries so fast that it starts gumming up on my nail as I'm putting it on! It covered well in two coats and dried quickly (but not too quickly!)


I picked this up at Walgreen's for $3.99. I've also seen it at Walmart, so it shouldn't be too hard to find.


I just can't get over how much I love this color! I've been picking up these "army green" shades lately and I probably have enough of them now. This one is different, though, because of the beautiful shimmer. I am so glad I got this one!

In sewing news, nothing much has been happening. I was so prolific a couple of weeks ago during my vacation, but now that I'm back at work, I'm just finding it hard to make time for sewing. I did manage to cut out a new muslin of BS 07-2011-131 to test the adjustments I made. I would skip this step and go straight to the final garment, but I have a feeling I may need to tweak the length of the back a bit. Better safe than sorry, right?

Happy Sewing!


1 comment:

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Loving that color! I will have to find it so my nails can match my hubbies cami's...lol