Monday, December 13, 2010

Picking Up a UFO

Last week I was very much looking forward to the weekend so I could work on the Burda Cover Dress. Unfortunately, I fell prey to a nasty stomach bug on Friday afternoon and I was pretty much wiped out for the whole weekend. I felt too bad to even think about sewing.

Luckily, by Sunday afternoon I was finally starting to feel almost normal again. It was too late to drag out a full blown sewing project, so I pulled out this little UFO instead. Remember Cider House Garden?
I already had quite a bit done, but yesterday I finished backstitching the apple baskets and the quilts. I also finished the fence at the bottom and started on the greenery below it. I added the trees on either side of the house, filled in the barrels in front of the house and added a round of green cross stitches to the roof.

Here's a close-up of the greenery below the fence. I just need to add the pumpkins and it will be done!

I also pulled this sweet little piece out. I think I've shared this before. It's a Christmas design by Just Nan. I need to finish this up as an ornament and hang it on the tree. As you can see from the date stitched on it, it's only been waiting for 9 years to be completed!

I do plan to get back to the cover dress soon, but the stitching bug has ahold of me and I'm going to just see where it takes me.

Happy sewing!

3 comments:

MushyWear said...

I wish I could be so patient to make something like these. They bring such an element of warmth and coziness to a home. Glad you are feeling better.

Karin said...

Absolutely! Keep stitching while you have a head of steam! Otherwise you might wait another nine years. I have a sample 1/4 finished that has been languishing for 10 years...oh the shame!

Brigitte said...

Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog.
I love the ornaments you stitched lately. And Cider House Garden will soon be finished. Looking forward to seeing the progress on the Burda dress.