Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Finished...

... But still not much Christmas spirit around here to speak of.

As you can see, the sampler is complete and mounted on a 5 X 7 piece of foam core board. I need to pick up a frame for it, and it can go on display somewhere in my living room.
There's not much to tell. As mentioned before, I used a combination of Sampler Threads (the red, light green and gold) and DMC floss (the dark green in the wreaths and the brown above and below the wreath section.) There are three tiny polymer clay button embellishments- a holly leaf, a wreath, and a star. I stitched it according to the pattern instructions, adding only my initials and the date at the bottom. I used a scrap of 32ct ivory linen from my stash.
I enjoyed stitching this. It was nice to be able to sit down in the evening and work on a small project while "watching" TV. I'm tempted to go dig around in my needlework box and pull out a UFO to work on. Heaven knows I have several!
Stay tuned for an update on the Burda cover dress soon. I'd love to have it done in time to wear it to my company Christmas party next week. Nothing like putting a little pressure on myself...

3 comments:

The Twilight Quilters Coven said...

beautiful!

I keep telling myself that I need to work on a handwork project in these cold months. I spend most nights on the couch usually because I'm cold. I'm thinking of participating in a Cinderberry Stitches BOM, but it's not a go because not enough people have signed up yet.

MushyWear said...

Nicely done! How fun to be able to pull it out and display it every year for Christmas. I need to make more Holiday-themed things like this. They add so much to the coziness of a home. Thanks for the inspiration.

Meredith said...

Beautiful stitching! Can't wait to see the dress from the cover for your party (no pressure! :-)