Thursday, December 2, 2010

Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

The sewing swing, that is.

Now that things have sort of calmed down and we're in that "lull" between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I've been back in the sewing room. Hopefully, I'll have a few things to share this month.

The first project up is Burda Style 09-2010-122, better known as the September cover dress.

I have made a successful muslin and I'm about to begin making the real thing. I'll be using red point-de-roma from Hancock Fabrics, and my version will most likely not have the controversial sleeve flaps. I really do like them, but I'm afraid they will quickly become "so last year" and I'd like to get some mileage out of this dress. Besides, I'm planning to wear this with a black turtleneck underneath, and I think it will look better without the flaps. (And is it me, or do the ones in the photo look a little... droopy?)

Check back soon for a progress report. What could be better than a new red dress just in time for Christmas?

3 comments:

Karin said...

Ooooh, I am glad someone is making this dress. It was so intriguing on the cover. I hope it goes well.

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

I like the sleeves but totally understand why you wouldn't use them. Good luck can't wait to see the final dress :)

SewRuthie said...

A red dress for Christmas would be lovely!