Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Little Show and Tell

Here are a couple of tiny samplers I stitched a few years ago. These are both Birthday Needleroll kits from Victoria Sampler. Each kit contains the fabric, needle, chart, and all the fibres needed to make the sampler which can be framed or stitched up as a needleroll.


I received the August kit as a gift from a secret stitcher friend. It's stitched on 28ct antique white Quaker Cloth and measures approximately 5.3" by 4". It features the August birthstone, peridot, and gladiolus. It's stitched with perle cotton, floss, and metallic thread.

I liked the August kit so much, I made the July kit for my daughter. It's the same size, stitched on 28ct Confederate Grey Quaker Cloth and it features a ruby heart and larkspur. I also made the October kit for my Mom.

These are quick projects, and if you don't want a needleroll, they are designed to pop right into a 5" by 7" frame. I put mine in an 8" by 10" frame with a small mat and they look great. They make a nice gift stitched up for someone, and the kit itself is a nice gift for a stitching friend.

In other sewing news, I've made a muslin of the high waist pants from my wardobe plan. They need some tweaking, but maybe I'll have a finished pair of pants to show soon.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Shannon, Pretty stitching! I am so impressed with your sewing as well. You are very talented! I've been thinking about taking aome sewing classes this fall as I'd really like to learn how and you have really inspired me to do so. Hope you have a good Labor Day. Meredith

Kathleen said...

Shannon,
Since it is now 2015 I'm not sure you will see this. But, I am looking for the August and October charts for these needlerolls from Victoria's Sampler.
Do you, by any chance still have the charts and would be willing to send me a copy?
Thank you
Kathleen