Sunday, January 11, 2009

What's Up?

This was what my bed looked like yesterday afternoon.

It was covered in fabric in one of my favorite color combos: pink, yellow, and orange, with lime green! Happy, bright colors that evoke feelings of warmth and excitement. (Yeah, they're a little wrinkly from the dryer.)

I'm making another quilt top- this time for the Princess. She helped pick out several of the fabrics in the form of fat quarters. The large dot print was our "inspiration fabric."

We picked out several other fat quarters in colors and patterns that coordinated with the dots, and when we got home we supplemented the group with stash fabrics. We've probably got enough for three quilts now! You'll be seeing the first one soon.

In other news, I made a muslin of Simplicity 2694 last night. After an FBA and a little extra length, the pattern is good to go and I'm off to cut out the real dress now.

4 comments:

angie.a said...

Yummy! I don't believe you though, I think they're wrinkled because you rolled around on them. ;)

Lynn said...

Cute colors! What kind of quilt will it be?

Browndirtcottage said...

Hi....thanks for coming over for a visit....I had to come see what you are up to....looks like some fabric fluffing.....good colors to 'fluff' around with!

Shannon said...

Angie, you got me. Okay, okay, so I rolled in the fabric! Who hasn't done this at least once?