I didn't make any design changes or adjustments to the pattern. The only thing I did differently than the pattern instructed was to interface the pocket bands and bodice bands. The corduroy, while very lightweight and soft, is still just a tad heavier than the quilting type cotton used for the contrast and I wanted to make sure the bands had enough body to support the gathered corduroy.
The Princess loves it. she originally wanted pants out of this fabric, but I've envisioned a dress all along. I have about a half yard left of the apple print and I'm wondering if I might make a little bag for her. It's just so cute and I love the colors. It was a nice find at Hancock Fabrics last summer and I'll be entering this in the Stash Contest over at Pattern Review.
Now that this is completed, I'll be focusing on the Hannah Montana jacket for the Princess and Simplicity 2694 for myself.
I like the blue "military" version on the left. Stay tuned for an update.