I cut a straight size 16 and made no adjustments to the pattern. When I tried it on just before adding the sleeves, I decided that the sleeve seam was going to be too low on my shoulder, so I trimmed off 1/4 inch from the top of the armholes tapering to nothing right above the yoke seam. The fit is just right. I went back and forth over my choice of sleeve, and I finally decided to go with the puff sleeve. The plain sleeves from view B are used as the lining in the puffed sleeve (view C). They really aren't that puffy, and I think the lack of an arm band makes them very comfortable and kind of interesting, too. I know a lot of people shy away from puffed sleeves for various reasons- I do, too sometimes- but these are nice and will work, I think, for a lot of people.
I used a cotton eyelet that I got on sale a couple of weeks ago at Joanns. It's a very light fabric- similar to batiste, but the eyelet embroidery is quite heavy and made cutting and stitching a little bit challenging at times. The pattern calls for a full lining, but I did not want to bother with it so I just used the extra yoke pieces for facings and made a narrow hem. I used silk organza to "interface" the front facings (Yes, the pattern uses a front facing over the yoke facing/lining- kinda weird but it works.) since I was worried a fusible would show through the eyelet. It worked like a charm- just the right amount of body. The buttons are entirely decorative. The instructions would have you sew the buttons on the outside and then add snaps behind them. I did not add snaps. I plan to wear this jacket open and I don't want little shiny snaps sparkling. I suppose I could have used clear snaps, but I don't have any on hand and I don't plan on making a run to the fabric store any time soon, so I'm going to live with the decorative buttons. Trying to put buttonholes in this heavily embroidered, yet lightweight fabric is just a sewing disaster waiting to happen.
I'm really pleased with this jacket. I can't wait to wear it. I plan on also making the pants from this pattern (I have some fabric in the dryer now that will be my muslin) and maybe even the dress. If I can find a suitable drapey fabric, that is.