Monday, May 12, 2008

Big Sewing Weekend

This past weekend was pretty good as far as sewing went. I finished Temily #5:

This one is out of lime green polycotton microcheck, smocked with "Make a Ladybug Wish" and trimmed with hot pink microcheck piping. Here's a close-up of the smocking:

This one is made pretty much like the last one- short, puffed, elasticized sleeves and trimmed at the bottom with a one inch ruffle. The Princess loves it. I'm just happy to have it finished. It's been floating around the sewing room for months!

In addition to Temily #5, I finished Simplicity 2923, the new Project Runway shirtdress for me.
I also made another skirt. I'll have photos of those later this week. We're a little bit busy around here this week with 8th grade graduation, high school graduation, a track banquet, etc. It's "that time of year!"

And as if all this sewing wasn't enough, I started not one, but two new smocking projects.

I'll share more details in my next few posts, but these will both be adaptations of sundresses from AS&E. There's just nothing like a cute sundress for a little girl when the weather turns warm.

Wow, I've got a lot to work on. I better go get started. I may be able to get a row or two done before I go to bed!


Lynn said...

Oooohh--they pleated up so nicely!! Can't wait to see the progress. And of course the Temily--Love!!

kbenco said...

Your version of Temily is great. I like the piping instead of the running stitch embellishment, much more smart looking, and the geometric smocking at the top seems to make it fit very well at the neck. I am tempted to make this for my sister's daughters, who strangely do not like to wear dresses! I think your sundresses will look really pretty.

Cindy said...

Shannon...the Temily looks great...nice and springy/summery!!! Your daughter is precious!!! Can't wait to see the two smocking projects in more detail.