Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A Change in Plans

I was all ready to start my new dress this weekend, but I couldn't find my fabric! I know, it's hard to believe, but I seem to have lost my brown gauze somewhere in my stash. I know I bought a four or five yard length, and later I went back and it was on sale so I bought the rest on the bolt- another 2.5 yards. All I can find now is the shorter length which is maybe enough for the dress, but not the dress and the shrug. I searched through eight plastic containers of fabric, not to mention all the fabric piled up all over my sewing space, but I couldn't find it. I know it's in there somewhere and it will turn up someday, but I want to make this dress now. So I have decided to go with plan B which is to use the same fabric in a different colorway- black with purple embroidery. I loved the fabric so much I bought it in a second color! And thankfully, there's enough for the dress and shrug.

Unfortunately, I got so frustrated searching for the brown fabric, that I never did cut the project out. But that's okay, because I used my time this weekend to finish several UFOs. I finished a New Look blouse that I made for myself a year or two ago. All it needed was button holes and buttons. Then I whipped up the Hello Kitty dress that I blogged about in a couple of earlier posts. I'll have pictures of those two projects soon.


I also finished Emma from Children's Corner:



It's a little bit rumpled in this picture- Savannah wore it to school today. I used a quilting cotton with kittens all over it. The collar and waist seam are piped with pink mini-piping and the dress is fully lined- also in pink. The collar is white pique. It's kinda hard to see in the photo, but I put the buttons on in "pairs." I think it added some interest to the front. I really like this pattern but I've made it twice now and I'm ready to move on to something else. It goes up to an eight, though, so who knows? I might decide to make it again next year.

I'm hoping to get my dress and shrug cut out tonight. That is if I can find the scotch tape to make the FBA! Angie, you know what I'm talking about!

1 comment:

angie.a said...

HA! I bought 2 300 yd packs at Pricecutter last week. We'll see how long that lasts me. Me & my big boobs.