Sunday, March 14, 2010

Photo Shoot!

As promised, here are some outdoor, natural light shots of S2436.
I made the 8, and it just fits the Princess. I will definitely go up to the 10 for the next one. (Yes, I already have an idea...) As you can see, it's a little short. She will need to wear it with leggings, or as the weather gets warmer, with shorts underneath.


She's warming up to the dress a little bit now. She actually said this morning that she's starting to like it.


Here's the back. It closes with an invisible zip that ends about an inch from the top. I put a small button and elastic loop right at the top and it turned out perfect.


I love this dress. I love the bright, happy fabric (that reminds me of sliced boiled eggs!) and the cute, mod shape. I think this will be an adorable summer dress.
Now that this one is done, I'm feeling really restless as far as sewing goes. I'm off for Spring Break for most of this week and I want to sew, I just can't seem to get in gear and do it! I have at least two patterns already muslined and adjusted for myself. They're ready to go, but for some reason, I'm feeling the need to make more children's things. I have another idea for this dress for the Princess, and I have a stack of pretty floral prints and microchecks pulled out for possible smocking projects. I even pulled out a really old UFO- a dress from AS&E that's all smocked, it just needs some embroidery and to be sewn together!
Hopefully I'll get myself in gear. I don't want to waste my days off thinking about sewing and not doing it!

2 comments:

Goosegirl said...

This is darling. I love the pattern and the orange fabric. I think my Ahnalin would love it too. I still need to get her Easter dress started. I need to get started on the smocking NOW! Have a beautiful day.

Vicki W said...

What a cute dress and the fabric is so modern!