Friday, July 24, 2009


So I made a muslin of this, BWOF 01-2008-113: It turned out pretty well. Well enough to keep going and make the dress. I have it all cut out of a nice dark denim with green undertones. I'll be making a trip to the fabric store tomorrow for buttons and an invisible zipper. I hope to get a big portion of it done this weekend. (I'd love to be able to wear this next week.)

I also threw together a quick and dirty muslin of the shorts from this pattern, Simplicity 3846. I never would have given this one a second glance- the khaki outfit is drab and doesn't look like it fits the model very well- but I saw it in the pattern catalog with the long pants and the jacket made up in black and worn with a red blouse. It was gorgeous. I'm glad I picked it up because it really is a cute pattern.
I thought a pair of city shorts would look nice with the Dots and Stripes Tunic, so I gave these a test run. They fit surprisingly well right out of the envelope. I just had to take a small wedge out of the back yoke and I'll have to shorten them substantially for my itty bitty legs! But I hope to be showing these to you soon.

If I end up liking these as much as I think I will, I may go ahead and make the pants and the jacket for fall. They'd make a nice work outfit- maybe with a red blouse.

1 comment:

gail said...

i've been wanting to find a pair of shorts like that to sew up. thanks for the heads up. i'm working on my first shirt in a long, long time! but it feels good to get back to sewing. your blog always inspires me.