Saturday, July 18, 2009

More Needlework and a New Dress Project

Just thought I'd share with you one of my own needlework designs. I stitched this back in 2000 using Caron Wildflowers (multi-colored cotton thread) and DMC floss on 28ct ivory linen. It measures approximately 3.25" by 9.5".

Apparently a couple of years later, I came back to this one and decided I could have done it better, so I stitched it again.

I changed the colors a bit, using Caron Waterlilies silk instead of Wildflowers, and I added a bit more whitework in DMC perle cotton and a few extra bands. This one is also on 28ct ivory linen and measures 3.5" by 11". I think this one is much nicer- more elegant and mature than the first version. Here are some detail shots:



In sewing news, I'm working on a muslin of this:

BWOF 01-2008-113
I hope to have progress to report soon.

3 comments:

Julia said...

Wow! Wow! and Triple Wow!

The Slapdash Sewist said...

I loved that BWOF pattern when it first came out. Can't wait to see yours!

Judith said...

Absolutely great project. I too love needlework in my free time. Well, That dress is sooo stylish and classy.