I bought this fabric two years ago at Hancock Fabrics. I saw it and liked it, but didn't get it the first time. I couldn't stop thinking about it and what a cute dress it would make, so I went back and got it! Then, however, it got laid in the stash and almost forgotten. I'd catch a glimpse of it from time to time in the clear plastic container where it was stored and think: I should get that out and make it up. But, I didn't. Until now.
I knew all along that this would be Simplicity 3900, my TNT little girl's dress. (This is the 4th time I've used this pattern and I'm not tired of it yet.) I made a size 8 and pretty much followed the pattern instructions. I added large white rickrack to the edges of the front bands and to the contrast hem band.
It went together quickly and easily. The princess likes it, too.
This project filled my need to make something easy and fun, but I feel like I might need to make another one of these projects to really get back in my sewing groove. In the meantime, I really have been working on the BWOF trench coat. Here's a peek at the fabric. Stay tuned for a progress report soon.