And thanks for the comments on the quilt top, too. Several people suggested that white might not be such a good choice for the binding. I know y'all are right, it's just that the quilt featured in the pattern photo looks so good with the white border. Believe me, I know that it will most likely end up looking dingy and showing wear. So I'm considering several other options. I'm getting ahead of myself though. I still need to piece the back and get the thing quilted! When the time comes for the binding, I will probably audition several choices and ask y'all for input.
Now, on to the skirt. Here is BWOF 11-2008-104 again, in brown moleskin:
I used the size 46 pattern again with no adjustments. The only changes I made were to topstitch the princess seams and the seams that join the flounces to the side panels:
I also hemmed this one just a smidge shorter (as suggested by an anonymous comment-Thanks!) and I made the elastic in the back waistband just a tad more snug. I wore it to work already this week and it was very comfortable.
I love the moleskin fabric in this. It's heavier and more substantial than the blue fabric of the previous skirt, and yet it still has good drape. It also has a wonderful satiny finish to the wrong side which feels great against the skin and practically eliminates the need for a slip. (I'm a die-hard slip wearer!)
I do want to make this again sometime this spring using cotton prints. For now, however, I'm moving on to these:
I've already done a quick and dirty muslin of both skirts and I'm almost ready to cut into my fashion fabric! I'll be working on these this weekend, and sharing the process as I get them done. Wish me luck!