It's done! The top, that is. Obviously there is much more work to be done, not the least of which is quilting it. There are no borders on this one. The squares go all the way out to the edges with just a narrow binding. The pattern in the magazine showed a white binding which looks very nice and that is what I am leaning towards, but I have not decided for sure yet. I do know I want/need to do a pieced backing. I don't have enough of any one coordinating fabric in my stash to do a solid backing, and besides, I like the idea of making the back just as interesting as the front. I'm pretty sure the yellow cat print will be featured prominently. After all, this quilt is for the Princess and that's her favorite fabric.
I started the next version of BWOF 11-2008-104 last night. I'm using tan moleskin and so far it looks great! I decided to add decorative top-stitiching to this one and so far I'm really liking the look. Stay tuned for pics and an update soon!