So here, without further ado, are my 2009 sewing/crafting resolutions:
1. Reduce the fabric stash by two boxes.
I love my stash, but storage has become an issue, and the volume has just become unwieldy for me. I know I've previously blogged at least twice about losing fabric in my stash, and to me that is a sign that things have gotten out of control. Besides, I love buying new fabric and I can't justify bringing it home if there's nowhere to put it!
2. Dig out all UFO's (be honest about it), blog them (to keep me honest) and finish them!
This should help a little bit with Resolution #1.
3. Make at least one quilt.
More would be nice, but for resolution purposes one will do. This should also help with Res #1.
4. Make some wardrobe staples: plain blouses, skirts, jackets, etc.
This will pump up my work wardrobe and help reduce the stash.
5. Make more dresses for me.
I love the ease of wearing a dress. As with #4, this will help pad the wardrobe and reduce stash.
6. Make more dresses/outfits for the Princess.
She grows like a weed and I need to take advantage of being able to sew for her while she will still let me. Not to mention a huge chunk of the stash was purchased for just this purpose.
7. Graduate from scarves: Knit a sweater! Notice I just said "a sweater." I didn't say complicated, overly fitted, or multicolored. A stockinette shell will do, just something beyond a rectangle.
That's it. Actually, that's a lot! But, I have a whole year. Although if 2009 flashes by like 2008 did, I may be in trouble!