I made view B, the short sleeved, flared skirt version. I cut a 14 through the neck and shoulders and a 16 from the underarm down using the D-cup front pieces. I didn't make any adjustments to the pattern pieces, but once the dress was sewn, I decided the bust point was just a tad too low, so I took in the princess seams just below the bust about an eighth of an inch.I used a stash fabric- a 100% "hand-dyed" cotton with all-over chain stitch embroidery that I purchased at Hancock Fabrics last summer. I didn't have quite as much as the dress called for, so I had to add a center back seam to the back skirt panel and I was unable to make the belt. I had planned on shopping for a belt to wear with this dress, but now that it's finished, I really don't think I need it. I probably could have used a sway back adjustment, but I'll have to wait for the next version.
This dress was super simple to construct. The pattern is very well drafted and the instructions are good. I was surprised at how quickly and easily it went together. Not that I expected it to be difficult, but it just seemed like all of a sudden I looked down and I had an almost complete dress! You gotta love it when that happens!
There aren't really a lot of details to this dress. It's a basic princess seamed dress with a slightly dropped waist seam. The only "special" detail is the sleeve tabs, which are entirely decorative (the button is sewn to the sleeve through the tab- no buttonhole). The sleeves are slightly gathered, but the minimal gathering acts more to give the top of the sleeve some shape- there is no "puff factor"- at least in my opinion.
I am really pleased with this dress. I originally bought the pattern for view A, and I still might make it or view C for Fall. I won't make View D, though, because I don't like the dropped waist with the gathered skirt. View C has some interesting ruching detail on the bodice, and A is just a nice sleek dress that looks like it would be a nice choice for the office.