Actually, there just hasn't been much to blog about. I've been in a sort of sewing slump. I guess it's the holidays- you know, the cleaning, decorating, shopping, and general stressing that comes with the Christmas Season.
I do have smocked sleeves for Sweet Arabella and a lightening raid on Joann's yielded two cottons which are suitable for piping, so I plan to get back to work on that project and hopefully have it finished this weekend.
I've also done a few rows of smocking on Winter Garden. I decided to go with a light blue floss, because the thought of smocking 38 rows of trellis in white was enough to make me die of boredom before I even started, and because I just felt like I needed to "blue down" this fabric.
It's hard to tell in the photo, but the red is very strong in this print, and since I plan to use red ginham as an accent, I thought using blue for the smocking would be the best way to go. I guess we'll see.
And I really did make a muslin, just like I said in my last post. I still don't have a picture of me in it, so I'm breaking down and showing it on a hanger in front of my cluttered sewing room bookshelf.
This is Simplicity 3622, view C. You'll just have to look past the mis-matched calicos, and the fact that they make the dress look like a designer hospital gown. The real fabric is much prettier, however, when I went to cut it out earlier this week I found that it had a stain on it, so off to the washer it went. I was in the groove, though, so I went ahead and cut out view A, the long sleeved, V-neck knit version, and crossed my fingers hoping that the adjustments I made to view C would carry over to view A. I don't know yet because I have just barely started sewing it. It's on my list of things to finish up by this weekend. In fact, my iron should be warmed up by now, so off I go to press the neck seam allowance under!