Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Merry Christmas... Ribbit!!!

My son, Bryan, wanted to get in on the sewing blog action. He asked me to post this picture of him in his Santa Frog PJs.

I made these last winter, alas, not quite in time for Christmas, but he didn't mind. I found this adorable fabric at Hancock's. It has frogs wearing Santa hats all over it. When I saw it I had to buy it. What could be better for a little boy who loves frogs? I found the striped piping fabric later at Hobby Lobby. I had planned to use a plain red and white striped fabric for a "candy cane" effect, but all I could find was this stripe with two shades of green, two shades of red, and white. Actually, I think it turned out even better than I thought it would. I used a New Look pattern, I can't remember the number right now, and it was super quick and easy. The only change I made was adding the piping to the sleeves and the neck and front edges. We also made a flannel pair with, you guessed it, frogs all over, and a Star Wars pair featuring Darth Vader and Storm Troopers. Somewhere around here, I have some Spiderman fabric waiting for its turn.

1 comment:

angie.a said...

Aww...cutie! Cute pattern too. That's one NL I surprisingly don't have...they've got some CUTE stuff in the summer catalog. Need to buy some. Has to wait til after FL though!! :D