Here's the Simplicity 3867 muslin. All in all, I'm pleased.
I used a quilting cotton for this project because it was handy, and because I wanted to test drive the pattern, not the fabric. It's a little stiff for this top, but it's okay. I'll still wear it. The dress I cut last night from this pattern is a much drapier fabric and will look much nicer, I think. When I did my FBA for this top, I added an inch of length through the center front. I decided I definately don't need it, so I went back and took it out for the dress. Of course, I had to do a quick muslin of a muslin... just the bodice pieces, to make sure I could blend my FBA into the shorter center front and it would look okay. So far so good. The dress will have a slightly deeper "V" and the weight of the skirt will pull the center front into place and make the shoulder pleats lie down nicely. I'm so excited to be sewing for myself again!