Saturday, December 24, 2016

New Look 6469 Last Dress of 2016?

Bet you thought I was kidding about making New Look 6469.  I've only been talking about it since before Thanksgiving.  But nope, I really made it and here it is.


This is a mixture of View A's collar, View C's length and sleeves, and with an extra four inches of length added to bring the hem to knee level.  I think I cut a size 14 to fit the shoulders.  The dress is very loose fitting and forgiving- perfect for the holidays with all the food.

I used a navy blue ponte knit that I found at Walmart, of all places.


The construction is pretty easy.  There are only 4 pattern pieces including the collar.  I eliminated the zipper so construction went very quickly.  If I made this again, and I might, I would at least put in a short zipper at the center back to make it easier to get over my head.  As it is, it is very snug.  I have to put the dress on and then do my hair and makeup.


The Princess loves this dress.  She says she thinks it is her favorite thing I've made.  She's requested one in olive green.  I hope there are some good "after Christmas" fabric sales because I'll be shopping for some more ponte.

This will most likely be the last finished garment of 2016.  Hopefully the January Burda will arrive soon and I can start planning next year's sewing.

Merry Christmas!!!

4 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Lovely dress. I love that pattern!

Summer Flies said...

I think this is a great pattern and dress too. You look great. Merry Christmas

Monty Mehra said...

Great Blog!! That was amazing. Your thought processing is wonderful. The way you tell the thing is awesome.

Girls Clothing Online India

mimi jackson said...

This dress is very flattering on you. It really comes alive on your figure - color and shape are flattering!