Friday, July 5, 2013

I Did it Again

 I know I said I didn't have any plans to make BurdaStyle 04-2013-109 again any time soon, but that's exactly what I found myself doing this week.


Last weekend, Mr. Frogs and I decided to take the tadpoles to a movie.  I wasn't feeling all that great and the thought of squeezing myself into a pair of cargo shorts was not appealing.  My go-to Adidas gym shorts, although comfortable, are not exactly what I want to be seen in when I'm out and about.  I found myself thinking:  Wouldn't it be great to have another shift dress like the palm tree dress?


I immediately thought of this colorful cotton seersucker that's been patiently waiting in my stash.  I pulled it out, and sure enough there was plenty to make this little dress.


Since the pattern was already made and all the fitting issues were already worked out, all I had to do was cut and sew.  This time I didn't install a zipper.  The dress slips right over my head.  I used purchased binding for the armholes and neckline, which saved time and energy also.

I love how it turned out.  The fabric is super cute and super comfortable.  I can't wait to wear this dress out and about.  It will even look cute with a little cardigan over it for work.

Okay, so I have no plans to make this again...  but no promises.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

you look great I can see why you wanted to make it again

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

An inspired fabric choice to make an amazing version of this dress! Love it! Especially loved the line, I just cut and sewed!

Angela said...

It looks great, and seersucker is a great choice for this summer!

Faye Lewis said...

I agree with all of the above. I love the slight racer cut of the arms. It's a great dress and I'm considering morphing a couple of my patterns into that design. I think it's the kind of dress that is great for summer so having one or two or more is a good thing.

Dk's Wife said...

It is very pretty, and you look great in it!

gMarie said...

I think it's a great dress. Perfect for summer and you look very cool and polished. Enjoy it. g

Virginia at A Sewing Life said...

Look, you made a shift too! All the cool kids are doing it. Love that fabric, and the style is just great on you. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog!